Friday, February 8, 2013

Hello, Hailey!


Our house is in this picture somewhere! Here is a view of Hailey from about 3/4 the way up Carbonate mountain. I still have to kick myself sometimes to remind myself that I actually live here, where the mountains are literally in your backyard. Cool shit!

Jon and I took a hike last Saturday up Carbonate Mountain, since the skiing was meh and I took an unexpected 3 hour nap that afternoon. Oops. Carbonate Mountain gives some of the best views of the valley for being such an easy hike. It's not a long hike, but is super steep, so you gain a lot of elevation in a short amount of time.

I don't have too many profound things to say about this day, besides the fact that it was nice to get out in the middle of January and hike in a thin jacket. I've been more active this winter than the past few winters (which isn't saying much), BUT STILL!

Here are some more pictures from our hike:




No comments:

Post a Comment