Monday, September 22, 2014

It Looks Like a House

It has been a couple weeks without an update, but we have made some serious progress and shit's getting exciting!

We finished the entire roof, which ended up being pretty quick and easy. We used red metal sheet roofing and have made some strides with prepping the door and windows with paint. Some house wrapping has gone up and we have successfully enclosed one wheel well so that it is weather proof and no water can escape up into the house through it. 

Finally, we made some big deal purchases which include the solar panels, on-demand tankless hot water heater, water pump, batteries, propane wall heater, and water storage containers. My brother and friend are coming down next weekend to help install the whole electrical system, and we hope to receive some much needed help from local friends as well! Should be a fun weekend and give us a real boost in motivation to make this house into a home before the snow falls.

We just recently completed building the one and only interior wall that we will have in the tiny house. It will be the wall that separates the bathroom from the kitchen and living room, and also doubles as our utility closet. We might even fit some drawers in that structure for clothes. Check out the progress-to-date below!!

On a side note, I promise to give more details once the project has slowed down a little bit. Work and life and this project does not leave much time for blogging, and I've been slacking in the amount of detail I was hoping to give when I started this thing. Hoping that everyone enjoys the progress photos for now and I can add much more detail later on! 






 Yellow fascia!








Utility closet and bathroom

Top view

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo! Looking great! I can't wait to see more progress photos as you begin work on the inside. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's looking great... love the red roof... continued good luck.... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG OMG OMG I can't wait to see it finished! There better be room for me when I come visit! If not me and Galena are pitching a tent outside your front door :)

    ReplyDelete